My YouTube Videos

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Volume 2 ... Chapter Four

The surgeon called me in a refill for the pain medicine, but in my agony and stressed state, I forgot to ask for something to help with the nausea.  So after a weekend of trying to go with just the half pills, I called the nurse line again.  They recommended that I call the doctor and ask for the medicine I need, but that if that doesn't work out I can still go to the E.R. if needed and it won't cost me a copay.
So I call.  They take my information and say that the doctor on call will get back with me shortly.  I am not prepared for what happened next.  The phone rang.

Me:  "Hello?"

Dr. On Call:  "This is Doctor [OnCall]....

Me: "uh....I....uh....need to get some medication for nausea to go along with my pain medication since I am having trouble with...uh....nausea..."

Dr. On Call: "Just take half a pain pill.  Call your doctor tomorrow."

Me: "Okay."

I hang up the phone.  Michael walks into the bedroom in just enough time to see me lose all control.

You: "What the heck just happened?!"

Time for a story:

Once upon a pregnancy, 
11 years ago, 
Dr. OnCall was my Doctor. 
And many of you know

That I was very, very sick
And in a panic crying.
Dr. OnCall wasn't worried
And both of us were dying.

The doctor who delivered us
(Yes, both of us were saved)
Said if one more day he'd put me off
Would have sent us to the grave.

I cannot put into words the emotional trauma that caused me.  I have never been the same since.  So, when I heard his voice, it instantly triggered a violent emotional response.  I had a terrifying panic attack.  Once it partially subsided, I called Michael's mother and she agreed to take me to a different E.R. the next morning.  I was so afraid that Dr. OnCall would be the one to see me that I wouldn't dare go to Mountain Home.  

So, I went to the E.R. in Batesville.  They were attentive, compassionate, and by heck they were going to listen to me.  They asked if I wanted something for pain control.  I sternly said that I was not there for pain medicine.  I was there for answers.  After reassuring me that I was on the right path, they did x-rays and gave me some more information.  They prescribed something for the nausea, and did give me an injection to try and calm the nerves that were so disturbed and raw.

Tune in next post for the results of the second pelvic and TV ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment